About

Providing straightforward information pertaining to drugs, drug use & drug policy. The Grey Pages promotes drug-related literacy and advocates a system of viable and tolerant drug policies. This is my personal collection of commentaries, essays, tid-bits, and other such writings on everything ranging from drug use, drug policy and drug-myths, to drug-science, addiction, human behavior, and the workings of the human brain. I started this blog with a particular focus on opioids, and over the past year have found my interest gravitate toward the intriguing, ever-changing world of designer intoxicants (i.e. "research chemicals" or "designer drugs").

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Changes & Disclaimer

To my readers; I have run this blog for a bit over a year now. In that time I have not exactly acheived as much substance as I would ideally like to in my posts. As a result of either my limited creative abilities, or perhaps just my style of though, much of this material has been limited thus far, to the concrete science of opium based drugs. Would I like to broaden the material of the blog? Of course. I'll work hard to do so over the coming weeks and months.

I'd like to 'attempt' to explore the social stigma of heroin, the opioids, and non opioids. I'd like to discuss the subjectivity of the neat little labels by which we arbitrarily attempt to categorize drug use. I'd also like to get into the history of opium and cannabis prohibition and the trends of both licit and illicit use over the last hundred years. There is much to cover, much to analyze, even when I have touched on these (or similar) topics, I have always managed only to scratch the surface.

In the meantime, I've begun restoring many popular areas of this site. Some of these were constructed quite some time ago, and I have unfortunately found some degree of error, bias, or "immaturity" in much I had written. Indeed, it may have been a year ago at most, however alot has changed in that year. I've developed a much greater understanding of society, history, and science since this site was started. I'm sure some might relate to that sense of self disgust or embarrasment one feels when looking back at your writing. It's humbling.

So, please hang in with me. There are many pages which I'm in the process of editing, improving, and restoring; as everyone is entitled to objective, evidence based, and realistic information regarding drugs.

Thanks for reading, stay safe
 
....and, fuck bureacrats, fuck our police state, fuck over reaching government, and fuck fear mongerers.

No comments:

Post a Comment